Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Wonderful Last 10 Days Cont'd....

So here it goes, it might be long!
I got to Houston on Friday night and spent Friday through Thursday afternoon at mom and dad's house. Friday evening we went to Pappasitos and it was delicious. Saturday morning we had a baby shower for my cousin's wife, Shelley, and it was too cute! She was so excited to be getting so much paraphernalia to dress her little girl. She also was wearing a pink boa for the shower and was loving it!! What a priss. Right before the shower my sister met my mom and I at the house to ride together, it was the first time I had seen her belly in person since she was barely showing-- it was AWESOME!!! She is the cutest prego. Her belly has grown quite a bit. I will talk more about that later:) At the shower I got to catch up with a sweet childhood friend, Martha. After the shower my parents and I went to the movie, went home and cooked dinner, and just hung out.

Quick explanation: I live in Abilene, six hours from home, and I work on half the weekends in a year. So.. since I have been married I have not gone home when there was not an actual event. Being home when there is an event is wonderful but does not allow alot of just relaxing, do whatever family time. We were all really ready for that.

Now that you are caught up, Sunday we went to church, a dear place, where I saw many people that I love and are near to my heart. Then we went to lunch with Mark and Sherry, very close family friends, which we laugh and cry with alot. That day though was mainly laughter:) Directly after that I got to help my rents go look at open houses and it was so FUN. We did not find anything that they are sold on, but I got to see some houses they like or love, the area, etc.. I enjoyed being a part of that. I am very thankful my parents did not move while I was still in HS, I would have had the hardest time leaving their current house. We lived in that house my entire life, 24 years now! It is so cozy but mainly because it has Mom's touch, so I know the next house will feel just as much like home. It is the people that cause a place to be home, and my mom has a warm and unique touch.

Throughout the week, Dad had to work of course:( That was no fun. Due to that sad dose of reality, every morning I was at their house we all got up early enough to sit downstairs and enjoy coffee together. My Dad is a servant through and through and loves serving other people, especially if it is one of his three girls. So mom and I would just sit there together all cozied up, while Dad would make and bring us our coffee every morning. Then in the evenings Dad would rejoin us. We would either cook or go out to eat and then watch movies or talk. One evening we went to a mexican restaurant where we sat outside. We stayed there for about 2-2.5 hours enjoying good conversation and beautiful weather.

During the days of the week my mom and I just hung out. We did whatever we felt like. We had a blast. It was such good mother-daughter bonding. On Monday and Thursday mornings we went to walk at the mall and then to mom's Pilate's class. That is always fun. There are several women from church in that class and they are impressive. I have never known a group of any age that can talk as much as they do while still getting in a great workout!:) We have fun in there and then we always go to lunch afterwards. You guessed it, we did not have enough talk time during class, so we go catch up for about a two hour lunch afterwards. In all seriousness though, it is always such wonderful time, with such neat ladies (and Meg Hill)!!

When mom and I were not working out we were relaxing and talking most of the time. It was so nice to just have time to spend together, to really catch up, and enjoy each other's company. Then, one day we spent some time with make-up! We learned a ton about our color palettes, the underlying tones everywhere on our face, etc.. I learned much more from the lady helping us than my mom I am sure, because I have always been oblivious. I am telling you I was mixing every wrong color you can think of at the same time on my face through my eye shadows, blush, and lip color. None of them really went together...:) I now have a better idea. We both now have tips to better our make-up application though and what is more fun as girls than to fuss over make-up. IT WAS SO FUN MOM-- LOVE YOU!!

Anyways, then Thursday evening I went to spend with my prego sis and brother-in-law. What a blessed time! Thursday night I we cooked hot dogs, talked, and did prenatal yoga (are you kidding me--it kicked my tail at parts). We also watched Josiah ultrasound. Those things are incredible. We could even see the valves of his heart opening and closing, I could not believe it! He has the sweetest profile from what I could tell and is such an active little fellow. It was amazing to be reminded of how intricately God works and knits us together in the womb.

Friday, Jamie and I started off the morning with coffee and prayer time together. It was so nice. We do not get that time very often. Then, we painted Josiah's nursery:) Mom came over that afternoon and hung out with us while we painted. We had a good time. The color of the nursery it delightful, warm, and perfect for a baby room. I just wanted to melt into it! That evening Jamie and I decided we had worked enough that day so we did not want to cook dinner. So, Jay, Jamie, and I went to a Mexican food restaurant.

Saturday, Jay got up early and went surfing for a while. Jamie and I worked out together and then got ready for the day. We went to a new sandwich place, Potbelly, which had a simple menu but good food. Then, BABIES R US-- HERE WE COME!! Jamie took me and showed me all that she had registered Josiah for. How cute and fun. I could just picture our little Jo in his swings, pack n' play, etc.. We registered for a few more items as well. I was excited to have that opportunity to share in the fun, excitement, and joy of preparing for him. Then we just relaxed more, hung out with Jay in the garage while he built some surf racks for his boards, cooked dinner, and then went to get Marble Slab. YUM!! This day was a blast but the best part was that evening after Marble Slab, Jamie and I were on the couch and Josiah finally kicked hard for me several times in a row. Besides that he had only kicked once when I poked at him the whole weekend. It made my day, that I finally felt my little nephew move!

Sunday morning we went to church at my church home growing up and out to lunch with family and friends. It was a great end to a FABULOUS week. Although, I was sad to leave such a much needed week with family, I was entirely ready to get back to my sweet husband. That was the longest we have ever been away from one another, and it was high time I headed home. We had a great night when I got home just talking and catching up.

Just when I thought family time was over, God blessed us with more:) My cousin Kayla and her husband Lance were in Lubbock looking for apartments and they came through Abilene on their way home and stayed Monday and Tuesday (last) night. We had a good ole' time. Monday night we ate at home and stayed up until way too late playing a card game, golf. The last night, Lance, Jason, and a few of Lance's friends hit up Wing Stop, which obviously meant the three of us girls had to do our own thing, at Abuelo's. Kayla and Lance are about to leave town, but we had a great time having part of the fam together. WE STILL HAVE BETHO!

If anyone is still reading this post, you are a loyal reader of my blog. Sorry for the novel, but I wanted everyone to know the GREATNESS OF MY LAST 12 DAYS WITH FAMILY!!

Thank You God for providing this opportunity and blessing for me. It has been wonderful beyond words.

Thanks to all my family who made the last week so fun, and a special thanks to Jason for being supportive of me being gone for so long. I love you babe.

Also, Dad and Jay, sorry no pics of you guys are on here, but they were all just of you by yourself. Oops. If you so wish, I will come back and add them.

Shout out to MB, my longest and dear friend, and Jackson (her son) for our lunch date and GINORMOUS piece of cake. It was great!



Kayla said...

Loved the long post! I had SO much fun at your house! I am bummed I wasn't feeling good today and slept for so long! But at least we got to stay for 2 days! Love you! :)

Ryan & Mary Beth Davis said...

You're such a good writer! I'm glad you had a great week...family time is the best! Love you.

Aja said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Time with family and old friends is the best! And, I didn't know Jay and Jamie are pregnant--how exciting!! When is she due?
Take care--hope all is well in Abilene!

rOxaNne bRaDfoRd said...

you fam time sounds like it was amaaaazing.

and ps- you look hot in teal :)