Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ava's 4 Month Check Up

So...  today was Ava's four month check up.  Everything is looking great.

weight - 14 lbs 10 oz
height -  24.5 inches long

She got her shots and as the first one began her eyes opened up wide and scared as she looked at me and then the hysteria began!  She did the hold breath for like 20 seconds, while face is beat red scream and then the hurt feelings cry.  One time would have been enough but oh no with all three shots she reacted the same way!  It was so sad and she was looking at me like why aren't you helping me or why are you letting them do this to me! 

Anyhow, on Saturday we were at the doctor because Ava had a cold and that day she weighed 14 lbs 3 oz.  So in 72 hours baby girl gained 7 oz!  It is safe to say that we are well on our way to a beautiful, squishy, super chunk ball!

Ava also started weaning herself already, so young!  She obviously is fine with it, it being her choice and all.  I am a little sad about it, but it wasn't easy for us.  It was a forty minute battle everytime to try to get her to nurse!  She also seems like a much happier baby now that she is getting formula often. I am beginning to think she was never getting enough in the first place.  Ideally I wish it would have been easier and she hadn't started refusing to nurse because there is something so sweet about nursing and having that time, but life will go on! 

The problem with formula is the expense.  Due to her dairy and soy sensitivities the formula that we are having to put her on right now is $26 dollars per can which makes 19 bottles.  Today I gave her her first soy formula bottle to see if she can tolerate it now.  That would make the cost of the formula half the price.  So please join Jason and I in praying that God will allow her body to accept the soy formula!! 

That is all for now, I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: