Monday, November 16, 2009

Baby Shower #2/Abilene Shower....

Not this past Sunday but the Sunday prior some very dear friends of mine threw a baby shower for us here in town! It was so sweet! It was decorated nicely, once again there was delicious food, and more than any of it tons of family and friends were there to support Jason, Ava, and I! It was really FUN!



All the hostesses!

Many of my friends here in town are young mommies, if not majority of them! At the shower all but one of them brought their little bundles of joy along! As I have mentioned before, bundles of joy in Abilene have only been little girls for a while, at least in my circle. Talan (1 little girl), Kellen (1 little girl), Amanda (2 little girls), Brek (her girl), Melissa (newborn little girl), Karen (newborn little girl), and Sarah (newborn little girl) all came to support me and show Ava how excited they are for a new friend! We took a picture of the ones that were there at the very beginning which is posted below but more than that were present! It was SO FUN!


A few of the little girls that were present!

Several of my other friends who are not yet mommies were there as well and we all had a grand ole' time:)

Four of my players showed up for the shower, which was precious! They were so excited for me to open their gift! When I did, I found BUTTPASTE AND PICKLES, LOL!! It was priceless! They thought they were hilarious for buying me buttpaste and they are very aware of my obsession with pickles. There was also a blanket in there as well but they never remember that was part of the gift! Funny girls!


The pickles and buttpaste!



The players that gave the priceless gift!

At one point we took a picture of Kellen, Amanda, Amber, Brek, and I! Kellen, Amanda, and I all played for Brek at ACU and Amber was our trainer and is our co-worker now! Kellen is holding her daughter, Amanda is holding one of hers while Amber is holding her other, Brek is holding hers, and I am holding my belly/Ava:) It is pretty special that we are all still here and starting our families!


The group with the kiddos!

I also had several family members come! My mom and dad came up for the weekend so Mom could go to the shower! I was SO excited to have her here to meet the few people she still hadn't met and be enmeshed in my life here for a day! Bethany drove from Austin just to attend the shower since she did not make the First Colony Shower, -- PRECIOUS! Kayla and Aunt Vicki drove from Lubbock on their weekend together since Kayla didn't get to make the First Colony Shower either-- PRECIOUS AGAIN! My grandmother drove in from Seymour to come to the shower and came with my Aunt Janet, Cousin Tanya, and her daughter Summer! Thank you guys for thinking of me and making the special effort:)!! Love you!


My Mom and I!!

Also, Amber, one of the hostesses, a good friend, etc... made a diaper cake!  It was awesome, so CUTE!


Thanks Brr!  If you look really closely you will see the ribbons around the diapers
have Ava Reese on them:)


Finally, we were amazed at the hostesses’ generosity, all young married women and they got Ava's crib as their hostess gift! Unbelievable!!


Beyond that we were showered with many gifts. We once again were abundantly blessed by the graciousness poured out over us!

It was such a great day, I was very TOUCHED!


P.S. -- sorry the pics are small, for some reason they wouldn't go larger!





Anyhow, beyond that...

1. Season has now ended. It should not be over but we were unjustly left out of regionals! The girls on my team are crushed and rightfully so! They had an extremely successful season that ended to soon. Please pray for their spirits over the next several weeks.


2. Since season is now over, Jason and I have 10 weeks to get ready for Baby AVA!!! I can't believe it is so soon! We have a lot to do, so please pray we will be efficient and enjoy every minute of preparation!:)


3. I have not seen Jason's side of the family besides Mamma J since I have been pregnant! We go down there for Thanksgiving and I am so pumped to see them!!


4. I know I am overdue on posting belly pics and I will try to get those up here in the near future!


I will finally end this long winded post! Goodnight!








1 comment:

Jamie said...

loved seeing your shower pics and so sad to hear about regionals...ugh what a bummer! you look pretty and prego and i miss you and love you!